Advantages and Disadvantages
The advantages of this method:
- Training is only needed for the new method, not also for the changeover period.
- User documentation does not need to be updated during the implementation process, because it happens in such a short period.
- The changeover is at one date and this date is clear for everyone.
- There are no special interfaces needed to be able to get used to the new system, because the new system is all there is.
The disadvantages on the other hand are:
- There is no time for extra additions
- The completeness and validity of the converted data is not completely proved, only in the pre-phases, but not in the whole system situation.
- Start up problems are a problematic factor
- The operation is complex, one of the main complexities is tuning all activities to happen on one moment: the big bang
- ‘Fall back’-plans are hard to develop and become more impossible when the big bang has taken place
- There can be a catch up period (as explained above)
- This adoption is vulnerable because of the limited possibilities to maneuver. There is a lot of pressure because the deadline must be met.
Read more about this topic: Big Bang Adoption
Other articles related to "advantages and disadvantages, disadvantages, advantages, advantage":
... They state the following advantages and disadvantages Advantages Student work is more motivated, efficient, active and intensive due to lowered inhibitions and an increased sense of purpose By eliminating ... and moderation skills self-confidence Disadvantages The introduction of the method requires a lot of time ...
... A major advantage of C4 is that it can easily be molded into any desired shape ... C4 can be pressed into gaps, cracks, holes and voids in buildings, bridges, equipment or machinery ...
... Some advantages of SQLJ over JDBC include SQLJ commands tend to be shorter than equivalent JDBC programs ... Disadvantages include SQLJ requires a preprocessing step ...
... Banknotes have a natural advantage over coins in that they are lighter to carry but are also less durable ... The different disadvantages between coins and banknotes imply that there may be an ongoing role for both forms of bearer money, each being used where its advantages outweigh its disadvantages ...
... The main advantages of using a superheater are reduced fuel and water consumption but there is a price to pay in increased maintenance costs ... In locomotives used for mineral traffic the advantages seem to have been marginal ...
Famous quotes containing the word advantages:
“If the minds of women were enlightened and improved, the domestic circle would be more frequently refreshed by intelligent conversation, a means of edification now deplorably neglected, for want of that cultivation which these intellectual advantages would confer.”
—Sarah M. Grimke (17921873)