Before 1968, alumni were officially alumni of The City College of New York
The number of Baruch College's Living Alumni is 107,277 as of 2007-08. It is represented by alumni in all 50 US states and 85 countries abroad.
- Abraham Beame ('28), Mayor of New York City
- Akis Cleanthous - Former Minister of Education and Culture, Cyprus.
- Buddy Freitag (1953), Broadway producer (Porgy and Bess, Nice Work If You Can Get It)
- Carl Spielvogel (BBA '57), Former U.S. Ambassador to Slovakia
- Carlos D. Ramirez (1946–1999), publisher of El Diario La Prensa.
- Craig A. Stanley (born 1955), member of New Jersey General Assembly from 1996 to 2008.
- David Tendler (BBA '59),Former CEO, Phibro Corporation
- Dennis Levine, a prominent player in the Wall Street insider trading scandals of the mid-1980s
- Egemen Bağış, Turkish politician, government minister
- Ellsworth John (BBA '87), Ambassador, St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Fernando Ferrer, Former Bronx Borough President and New York City mayoral candidate in 2001 and 2005
- George Weissman (BBA '39 ) – Former CEO, Philip Morris International
- James Lam ('83), Author and first CRO (Chief Risk Officer)
- Jennifer Lopez (dropped out), Actress, singer
- Jonas Salk, Inventor of the polio vaccine
- Larry Zicklin (1957), Former Chairman, Neuberger Berman
- Michael Grimm (politician), member of United States House of Representatives for New York's 13th congressional district.
- Michael I. Roth ('67), Chairman & CEO, Interpublic Group of Companies
- Monte Conner ('86), Senior Vice President of Roadrunner Records, A&R Dept.
- Nora McAniff, Former President, People Magazine and Former COO, Time, Inc.
- Prince (Omubiito) Solomon Michael Okwiri Adyeri Ishagara, Omukama of Kingdom of Toro
- Ralph Lauren (dropped out), Fashion designer (Polo)
- Sidney Harman, Owner of Newsweek
- Sandra Hurse, Global Co-head Campus Recruiting at Goldman Sachs
- Tarkan, Turkish language singer
- William F. Aldinger III ('69), Chairman & CEO, HSBC North America Holdings
- Danny Garcia (dropped out), MLB KC Royals 1981
Read more about this topic: Baruch College
Other articles related to "notable alumni, alumni":
... of New York University has more than 44,000 alumni throughout the United States and in 55 countries around the world ... NYU-Poly's alumni include inventors, scientists, business leaders, entrepreneurs, politicians, country presidents, university presidents and academic leaders among others ... Society of Civil Engineers and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), are alumni ...
Famous quotes containing the word notable:
“Every notable advance in technique or organization has to be paid for, and in most cases the debit is more or less equivalent to the credit. Except of course when its more than equivalent, as it has been with universal education, for example, or wireless, or these damned aeroplanes. In which case, of course, your progress is a step backwards and downwards.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)