Athlete(s) may refer to:
- A person who is involved in Athletics (sport), which involves track and field events, long distance, cross-country and road running, and race walking
- Sportsperson, a person who participates regularly in a sport
- In college recruiting for American football, "athlete" refers specifically to an individual with strong all-around athletic ability that indicates the potential to succeed at multiple positions.
- Athlete of the Year
- Athlete (band), an English indie rock band
- Athlete (EP), an EP by the band
- Athlete (film), a 2010 sports documentary film
- ATHLETE, All-Terrain Hex-Legged Extra-Terrestrial Explorer, a lunar rover under development by NASA
- Athletes (moth), a Saturniinae moth genus
- The Athlete, a 2009 film
Other articles related to "athlete":
... At Oxford, he won the Freshman cross-country race ... He competed for Great Britain and Northern Ireland at the 1932 Summer Olympics held in Los Angeles, in the 1500 metres where he won the Silver medal ...
... named Northwest Herald Player of the Year in 2000 and was honored with the John Mackie Senior Athlete of the Year award in 2000 ... She also earned the Fox Valley Scholar-Athlete award and United State Marine Corps Athlete Recognition award in 2000 ...
Famous quotes containing the word athlete:
“Developing the muscles of the soul demands no competitive spirit, no killer instinct, although it may erect pain barriers that the spiritual athlete must crash through.”
—Germaine Greer (b. 1939)
“It is odd that the NCAA would place a school on probation for driving an athlete to class, or providing a loan, but would have no penalty for a school that violates Title IX, a federal law.”
—Cardiss L. Collins (b. 1931)