Arms or ARMS may refer to:
- Arm or arms, the upper limbs of the body
- "Arms" (song), a song by Christina Perri from the album lovestrong
- ARMS (band), an American indie rock band formed in 2004
- Armaments or arms, weapons
- Coat of arms
- In this sense, "arms" is a common element in pub names
- ARMS Charity Concert
- ARMS Corporation, a Japanese anime and manga studio
- TRIN (finance) or Arms Index, a short-term stock trading index
- Amherst Regional Middle School
- Australian Relief & Mercy Services, a part of Youth with a Mission
- Amplification Refractory Mutation System
- Alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma, a form of cancer
Other articles related to "arms":
... Zastava Arms is a Serbian manufacturer of firearms and artillery ... Zastava Arms produces and exports a wide variety of products to over forty countries ...
... The coat of arms comes from a court seal from 1748 ... The lilly staves are from the coat of arms of the barons of Venningen, who lorded over Zuzenhausen for hundreds of years ...
... Dragão (Dragon's Stadium), is related to the club's coat of arms ... of combining that emblem with the city of Porto's coat of arms at the time ... These arms, given by Queen Maria II in 1837 (subsequently altered in 1940), had a quartered shield, showing in the first and fourth quarter the arms of Portugal, and in the second and third quarter ...
... The old coat-of-arms of Felsőőr depicted a medieval Hungarian frontier-guard (Hungarian őr) with two swords in his hands, one raised as the symbol of attack, the other ... The inscription of the arms was Nobiles de Felső-Eőr ... The new coat-of-arms of Oberwart was granted in 1972 ...
... Current coat of arms of Zaberfelds Coat of arms before 1970 Coat of arms from 1970 to 1974 ...
Famous quotes containing the word arms:
“Shall the Spring dawn, and she still clad in smiles,
And with an unscathed brow,
Rest in the strong arms of her palm-crowned isles,
As fair and free as now?
We know not; in the temple of the Fates
God has inscribed her doom;
And, all untroubled in her faith, she waits
The triumph or the tomb.”
—Henry Timrod (18281867)
“... the reason I keep doing it is for the tremendous rush I get at the end of any great swim.... there is ... nothing greater than touching the shore after crossing some great body of water knowing that Ive done it with my own two arms and legs.... Im overwhelmed by the strength of my body and the power of my mind. For one moment, just one second, I feel immortal.”
—Diana Nyad (b. 1949)
“Prepare your hearts for Deaths cold hand! prepare
Your souls for flight, your bodies for the earth;
Prepare your arms for glorious victory;
Prepare your eyes to meet a holy God!
—William Blake (17571827)