The university staff is divided into five main categories:
- Teaching and research staff: The staff in this category undertakes the majority of the teaching and research work done in the university. It comprises professors, associate professors, assistant professors and lecturers. These four levels were established under law 1268/1982 and in order to advance to a higher level, one must show significant teaching and research work.
- Scientific teaching staff: This category consists of former teaching and research assistants. Their main role is to cooperate with the Teaching and Research staff and assist them in their teaching responsibilities.
- Special laboratory teaching staff: The members of this category are administering the university laboratories and they undertake special applied and laboratory teaching work.
- Special technical laboratory staff: They are responsible of keeping the laboratory equipment in good condition and upgrade it whenever necessary in order to stay up to date. They also provide specific technical laboratory services and help with the laboratory teaching.
- Administrative staff: This category comprises all employees working in administrative positions.
The educational work is also exercised by people that do not belong to the university staff, such as guest professors and generally scientists who are invited to teach specific courses.
Read more about this topic: Aristotle University Of Thessaloniki
Other articles related to "staff":
... War of 1904–1905, and graduated from the 18th class of the Army Staff College in 1906 ... was attached to the Vladivostok Expeditionary Force Staff for the Japanese Siberian Intervention against Bolshevik Red Army forces in eastern Russia ... From those posts he was sent to be head of the 2nd Bureau of the Imperial Japanese Army General Staff from 1925 to 1928, then attached to the Army General Staff until 1929 when he was promoted to major ...
... People in employment within any organization Staff (military), the organ of military command and planning Staff (music), a set of five horizontal ...
... Members appointed to the National Staff (see DIR, DVC, BC and BA below) have another chain to which they report ... Other staff officers are appointed based on skills and level of interest ... of its close work with the other components of the Coast Guard, inherited the meme of staff officer abbreviations, and these are used extensively in internal documents ...
... Japanese Army Academy in 1913, and from the 22nd class of the Army Staff College in November 1918 ... (European American Military Intelligence), 2nd Bureau, of the Imperial Japanese Army General Staff ... Kasahara returned to the 2nd Bureau of the General Staff in 1936 as Chief of the 4th Section, 5th Section and 6th Section, covering all of the European, American and Russian Intelligence ...
... agreement with a publisher are known as "staff writers" ... Being a staff writer effectively means that during the term of a songwriter's contract with a publisher, all their songs are automatically published by the company to ... In the Nashville country music scene, there is a strong staff writer culture where contracted writers work normal "9-to-5" hours at the publishing office and are ...
Famous quotes containing the word staff:
“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.”
—Bible: Hebrew Psalms, 23:4.
“In public buildings set aside for the care and maintenance of the goods of the middle ages, a staff of civil service art attendants praise all the dead, irrelevant scribblings and scrawlings that, at best, have only historical interest for idiots and layabouts.”
—George Grosz (18931959)
“I shall not want false witness to condemn me,
Nor store of treasons to augment my guilt.
The ancient proverb will be well effected:
A staff is quickly found to beat a dog.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)