- Beye, Charles Rowan (1987). Ancient Greek Literature and Society. Ithaca, New York: Cornell University Press. ISBN 0-8014-1874-7.
- Easterling, P.E., and Knox, B.M.W., (1985). The Cambridge History of Classical Literature: Greek literature: Volume 1. Cambridge ; New York: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-21042-9.
- Flacelière, Robert (1964). A Literary History of Greece. (Translated by Douglas Garman). Chicago: Aldine Pub. Co.
- Gutzwiller, Kathryn (2007). A guide to Hellenistic literature. Blackwell. ISBN 0-631-23322-9.
- Hadas, Moses (1950). A History of Greek Literature. New York, NY: Columbia University Press.
- Lesky, Albin (1966). A history of Greek literature. Translated by James Willis and Cornelis de Heer. Indianapolis / Cambridge: Hackett Publishing Company, Inc. ISBN 0-87220-350-6.
- Schmidt, Michael (2004). The first poets: lives of the ancient Greek poets. London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson. ISBN 0-297-64394-0.
- C. A. Trypanis (1981). Greek Poetry from Homer to Seferis. University of Chicago Press.
- Whitmarsh, Tim (2004). Ancient Greek Literature. Cambridge: Polity Press. ISBN 0-7456-2792-7.
Read more about this topic: Ancient Greek Poetry
Other articles related to "reading":
1642, the Royalist armies had advanced on London, capturing Banbury, Oxford and Reading without conflict ... of Turnham Green, with Charles's advisers persuading him to retreat to Oxford and Reading ... After Essex besieged Reading and Charles's armies failed in their attempts to relieve the town, a stalemate occurred on the front Essex's army could not directly ...
... Against the opposition of Sir Robert Inglis, the first reading was passed by 115 to 97 votes ... But the second reading, on May 17, notwithstanding a sizable petition in its favour from 14,000 citizens of London, was rejected by 265 to 228 votes ... The next year, 1833, however, it passed its third reading in the Commons on July 22 by a majority of 189 to 52, and was read for the first time in the Lords ...
... Ian Stewart, Just One Vote From Jim Walding's Nomination to Constitutional Defeat (Winnipeg University of Manitoba Press, 2009). ...
... who died in the Revolutionary War at the Battle of Saratoga lived his entire civilian life in Reading Mark Erelli, folk musician William M ... officer during the Revolutionary War Thomas Parker (deacon), founder of Reading Eddie Peabody, banjo player Chris Pizzotti, football quarterback at Reading Memorial High School and Harvard University ... MacConaway, biographer of explorer James Michael Prescott lived in Reading in the early 1970s ...
... December 1990) was an English footballer who played professionally as a forward for Reading and Cardiff City during a career that lasted four years in the mid-1970s ... League, he joined Charlie Hurley's Fourth Division Reading team in 1974 ... He quickly became a key player, and helped Reading to win promotion to the Third Division during the 1975–76 season ...
Famous quotes containing the word reading:
“Reading about ethics is about as likely to improve ones behavior as reading about sports is to make one into an athlete.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)
“I have not placed reading before praying because I regard it more important, but because, in order to pray aright, we must understand what we are praying for.”
—Angelina Grimké (18051879)