Notable People With Albinism
- Salum Khalfani Bar'wan, a Tanzanian politician elected to the National Assembly of Tanzania in October 2010.
- Michael Bowman, an American actor (Me, Myself & Irene)
- Connie Chiu, an Asian-American female fashion model with Jean-Paul Gaultier
- Cano Estremera, a Puerto Rican salsa musician
- Diandra Forrest, an African-American female fashion model with Elite Model Management
- Brooke Fox, American singer-songwriter
- Winston "Yellowman" Foster (also known as "King Yellowman"), a Jamaican dancehall musician
- G. Harishankar, a Carnatic khanjira drummer
- Dennis Hurley, an American film producer and actor (The Albino Code, Running with Scissors), writer, comedian and singer
- Ice a.k.a. Icy, an American pornographic actress with at least one Web-only and three DVD-distributed, commercially-produced features
- Zephania Kameeta, a Namibian religious and political leader
- Stanley Kaoni (also known as "Sataan"), a former Solomon Islands militant leader (Kaoni has light blonde hair and pale facial skin with some evidence of vitiligo, and appears to have developed some pigmentation especially on the arms; his particular type of albinism is likely to be OCA1b.)
- Salif Keita, a Malian popular musician
- Krondon, an American rapper and hip hop musician/producer, with the trio Strong Arm Steady
- Malford Milligan, an American blues and soul singer
- Corrie "Al Beeno" Moodie (also known as "Prince Yellowman"), a Jamaican dancehall musician now living in Canada
- Mem "M" Nahadr, an African-American performance artist, author, composer, off-broadway producer, and jazz vocalist.
- Ali "Brother Ali" Newman, an American hip hop artist
- Hermeto Pascoal, a Brazilian jazz musician
- Willie "Piano Red" Perryman, an American blues musician
- Shaun Ross, an African-American male fashion model with Djamee Models
- Seinei, 22nd Emperor of Japan (5th century)
- Darnell Swallow, a contestant on Big Brother 9 UK (2008); noted for discussing albinism and his desire for acceptance with his on-show housemates, e.g. wearing a top with the words "Don't Label Me. Respect Me"
- William Archibald Spooner, an Anglican priest
- Stephen Thompson, a male fashion model with Givenchy
- Victor Varnado, African American stand-up comedian and actor.
- Levan Wee (a.k.a. Levan Ninja), a Singaporean singer with the band Astronija (and formerly with the group Ronin)
- Redford White (Cipriano Cermeño II), a Filipino actor and comedian
- Edgar Winter and Johnny Winter, American blues-rock musician brothers
- David Wrench, a Welsh-born electronic musician
- Zāl (Persian: زال), a warrior of ancient Persia (present-day Iran), mentioned in The Book of Kings and Shahnameh. Today, in Persian zaal is a term for albinistic people.
Read more about this topic: Albinism In Popular Culture
Other articles related to "people, notable people, notable people with albinism, albinism":
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist Janko Konstantinov, architect Igor ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1%) were ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3%) aged 45 to 64 ...
... On the day of his death, Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... German singer Heino has Graves disease, which can be mistaken for albinism ... In general, platinum blonde ("towheaded") people with very pale skin can be mistaken for albinistic (and conversely, some forms of albinism can result in phenotypes so normal-looking that only genetic testing can ...
... is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... been in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
Famous quotes containing the words notable and/or people:
“In one notable instance, where the United States Army and a hundred years of persuasion failed, a highway has succeeded. The Seminole Indians surrendered to the Tamiami Trail. From the Everglades the remnants of this race emerged, soon after the trail was built, to set up their palm-thatched villages along the road and to hoist tribal flags as a lure to passing motorists.”
—For the State of Florida, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)
“The words of lowly people carry little weight.”