- Jacob Brent, born in Graham, starred as "Mr. Mistoffelees" in the Broadway and movie version of Andrew Lloyd Webber's Cats'
- Billy Bryan, Center for the Denver Broncos, from 1977–1988 grew up in Burlington.
- Several generations of Alex Haley's family may have lived in Alamance County, as noted in his 1976 Pulitzer Prize-winning novel Roots: The Saga of an American Family - coming from Africa to Virginia, to Caswell County to Alamance County and moving to Tennessee after the Emancipation Proclamation.
- JamesOn Curry, born and raised in Pleasant Grove, professional American basketball player
- Thomas Michael Holt, Governor of North Carolina from 1891–1893
- John "John Boy" Isley, born and raised in Graham, "John Boy" of the John Boy and Billy Show
- Charley Jones, born in Alamance County, Major League Baseball player
- B. Everett Jordan, U. S. senator (Class 2) from 1958–1973
- Don Kernodle, born in Burlington, five-time NWA champion and tag team partner of Sgt Slaughter; appeared in Paradise Alley with Sylvester Stallone
- Jack McKeon, manager of the 2003 World Series champion Florida Marlins
- Blanche Taylor Moore, convicted murderer, whose life story was portrayed in the television movie "Black Widow: The Blanche Taylor Moore Story", starring Elizabeth Montgomery
- Meg Scott Phipps, North Carolina Agriculture Commissioner (2001–2003)
- Tequan Richmond, born in Burlington, stars as Drew Rock in Everybody Hates Chris, and played a young Ray Charles in the movie Ray
- Jeanne Robertson, humorist and professional speaker
- Robert W. (Bob) Scott (Kerr Scott's son), Governor of North Carolina from 1969–1973
- W. Kerr Scott, Governor of North Carolina from 1949–1953, U. S. senator (Class 2) from 1954–1958
- Brandon Tate, born in Burlington, American football wide receiver for the New England Patriots of the National Football League
Read more about this topic: Alamance County, North Carolina
Other articles related to "notable people":
... Coordinates 42°42′00″N 88°48′22″W / 42.7°N 88.80611°W / 42.7 -88.80611. ...
Famous quotes containing the words people and/or notable:
“Happiness does not consist in things themselves but in the relish we have of them; and a man has attained it when he enjoys what he loves and desires himself, and not what other people think lovely and desirable.”
—François, Duc De La Rochefoucauld (16131680)
“Every notable advance in technique or organization has to be paid for, and in most cases the debit is more or less equivalent to the credit. Except of course when its more than equivalent, as it has been with universal education, for example, or wireless, or these damned aeroplanes. In which case, of course, your progress is a step backwards and downwards.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)