Agricultural engineering is the engineering discipline that applies engineering science and technology to agricultural production and processing. Agricultural engineering combines the disciplines of animal biology, plant biology, and mechanical, civil, electrical and chemical engineering principles with a knowledge of agricultural principles.
- design of agricultural machinery, equipment, and agricultural structures
- internal combustion engines as applied to agricultural machinery
- agricultural resource management (including land use and water use)
- water management, conservation, and storage for crop irrigation and livestock production
- surveying and land profiling
- climatology and atmospheric science
- soil management and conservation, including erosion and erosion control
- seeding, tillage, harvesting, and processing of crops
- livestock production, including poultry, fish, and dairy animals
- waste management, including animal waste, agricultural residues, and fertilizer runoff
- food engineering and the processing of agricultural products
- basic principles of circuit analysis, as applied to electrical motors
- physical and chemical properties of materials used in, or produced by, agricultural production
- bioresource engineering, which uses machines on the molecular level to help the environment.
- Design of experiments related to crop and animal production
Other articles related to "agricultural engineering, agricultural, engineering":
... College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology is one of the constituent colleges of Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology established in 1966 ... system, is imparting education, research and extension in the field of Agricultural Engineering ... aiming To organize and conduct Under Graduate and Post Graduate programs in Agricultural Engineering leading to Bachelors’, Masters’ and Doctoral ...
... department, and in the same year entered graduate school to study agricultural engineering and farm implement research ... In 1902, he became an associate professor in the agricultural university ... readjustment studying drainage and reclamation engineering ...
... Faculty of Crop Protection, Faculty of Agricultural Social Sciences, Faculty of Agricultural Engineering and Faculty of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Sciences ... These include the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M), Bachelor of Engineering in Agriculture (B.E.Agriculture) and Bachelor of Science (Agriculture ... programmes leading to the award of M.Sc, degree in Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Sciences, Agricultural Engineering and in all the above mentioned disciplines of Agriculture ...
... College of Agricultural Engineering, Bapatla College of Agricultural Engineering, Madkasira College of Agricultural Engineering, Sangareddi ...
... Agricultural engineers may perform tasks as planning, supervising and managing the building of dairy effluent schemes, irrigation, drainage, flood and water control systems, perform environmental impact ... A large percentage of agricultural engineers work in academia or for government agencies such as the United States Department of Agriculture or state agricultural extension services ... Some are consultants, employed by private engineering firms, while others work in industry, for manufacturers of agricultural machinery, equipment, processing technology ...
Famous quotes containing the word engineering:
“Mining today is an affair of mathematics, of finance, of the latest in engineering skill. Cautious men behind polished desks in San Francisco figure out in advance the amount of metal to a cubic yard, the number of yards washed a day, the cost of each operation. They have no need of grubstakes.”
—Merle Colby, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)