Activity may mean:
- Action (philosophy), in general
- Social activity, in social sciences
- The Aristotelian concept of energeia, Latinized as actus
- Physical exercise
- Activity (UML), a major task in Unified Modeling Language
- Activity diagram, a diagram representing activities in Unified Modeling Language
- Activity, an alternative name for the game charades
- Activity, the rate of catalytic activity, such as enzyme activity (enzyme assay), in physical chemistry and enzymology
- Activity (chemistry), the effective concentration of a solute for the purposes of mass action
- Activity (project management)
- Activity (radioactivity), radioactive decay#Radioactive decay rates, the number of radioactive decays per second
- Activity (software engineering)
- Activity (soil mechanics)
- HMS Activity (D94), an aircraft carrier of the Royal Navy
- in military parlance, a military agency or unit (e.g. Intelligence Support Activity)
- Activity Theory, social constructivism (learning theory), Education
The special spelling Activiti may mean:
- Activiti, an open source Business Process Management (BPM) Platform
Other articles related to "activity":
... A warm-up generally consists of a gradual increase in intensity in physical activity (pulse raiser), a joint mobility exercise, stretching and a sport related activity ... and to activate the energy systems that are required for that particular activity ...
... eruptions to effusive and extrusive dacitic and rhyolitic activity ... Almost all of its eruptions involved phreatic activity ... The latest eruptive activity was a steam explosion in 1888, after small ash eruptions in 1871 and 1873 and earthquakes are not infrequent ...
... port, providing for a very intense fishing and sea-trading activity ... centre, in contrast with Vigo, which attracted the industrial activity ... Industrial activity is reduced to a handful of companies, namely pulp mills (in gradual recession) and construction ...
... Italian constitution provides that "the prime minister directs and coordinates the activity of the ministers" ... Often the prime minister's activity consists more in mediating between the various parties in the majority coalition, rather than directing the ...
... identical "heavy chains," 520 kDa in mass, which contain the ATPase activity and are thus responsible for generating movement along the microtubule two 74 kDa ... The force-generating ATPase activity of each dynein heavy chain is located in its large doughnut-shaped "head", which is related to other AAA proteins, while two projections from the head ... The alternating activity of the paired heavy chains in the complete cytoplasmic dynein motor enables a single dynein molecule to transport its cargo by "walking" a considerable distance along a microtubule ...
Famous quotes containing the word activity:
“... the will always wills to do something and thus implicitly holds in contempt sheer thinking, whose whole activity depends on doing nothing.”
—Hannah Arendt (19061975)
“The Good of man is the active exercise of his souls faculties in conformity with excellence or virtue.... Moreover this activity must occupy a complete lifetime; for one swallow does not make spring, nor does one fine day; and similarly one day or a brief period of happiness does not make a man supremely blessed and happy.”
—Aristotle (384322 B.C.)
“For universal love is as special an aspect as carnal love or any of the other kinds: all forms of mental and spiritual activity must be practiced and encouraged equally if the whole affair is to prosper. There is no cutting corners where the life of the soul is concerned....”
—John Ashbery (b. 1927)