Acquisition may refer to:
- Takeover, the acquisition of a company
- Mergers and acquisitions, strategy of buying and selling of various companies to quickly grow a company
- Procurement, the acquisition of goods and/or services at the best possible total cost of ownership
- Military acquisition, the process of acquiring products for national defence
- "Acquisition" (Enterprise), the 18th episode of the television series Star Trek: Enterprise
- Seismic acquisition, the artificial generation and recording of seismic data.
- Acquisition (software), a Gnutella-based peer-to-peer and BitTorrent client for Mac OS X
- Acquisition (forensic process), the creation of a disk image for use in digital forensics.
- Acquisition stage, the time during which a conditional response first appears and when it increases in frequency.
Other articles related to "acquisition, acquisitions":
... evaluate the investment issues of the acquisition ... mostly, but not solely, on the systems and services requirements and the acquisition strategy that will be adopted ... but with the costs of all activities within the acquisition ...
... • 1950 Acquisition of “Port Salut” created in 1816 ... • 1972 Acquisition of the company Samos ... • 1973 Acquisition of Crowson in the UK, that will become Bel UK and creation of a subsidiary in Switzerland that will become Bel Suisse (Bel Switzerland) ...
... However, Florida National revealed in 1981 that it was willing to permit acquisition by Chemical Banking Corporation of New York after laws preventing interstate ... However, at the time, interstate banking acquisitions were prohibited by Federal law and required state legislative approval ...
... a Division of Responsibility among American Libraries in the Acquisition and Recording of Library Materials and existed as an autonomous entity until it was formally incorporated into the Association of ... Prior to the war it had focused primarily on the acquisition of scholastic materials, mostly from European countries ... mission statement changed to emphasize the acquisition of materials with intelligence value ...
... partner of Ripplewood Holdings CEO Tim Collins in the 2000 acquisition of Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan to form Shinsei Bank ... After an unsuccessful attempt to arrange an acquisition of Sallie Mae in 2007, Flowers became deeply involved in the financial crisis of September 2008 ... He was approached by Bank of America to advise it on a potential acquisition of Lehman Brothers, and only 14 hours later was approached by AIG to advise it on avoiding an imminent financial collapse ...
Famous quotes containing the word acquisition:
“Wars and revolutions and battles are due simply and solely to the body and its desires. All wars are undertaken for the acquisition of wealth; and the reason why we have to acquire wealth is the body, because we are slaves in its service.”
—Socrates (469399 B.C.)
“Whatever may be our just grievances in the southern states, it is fitting that we acknowledge that, considering their poverty and past relationship to the Negro race, they have done remarkably well for the cause of education among us. That the whole South should commit itself to the principle that the colored people have a right to be educated is an immense acquisition to the cause of popular education.”
—Fannie Barrier Williams (18551944)
“Always and everywhere children take an active role in the construction and acquisition of learning and understanding. To learn is a satisfying experience, but also, as the psychologist Nelson Goodman tells us, to understand is to experience desire, drama, and conquest.”
—Carolyn Edwards (20th century)