- Education, Economy, and Society : a reader in the sociology of education (1961)
- The British Academics (1971) with Martin A. Trow
- Trends in British society since 1900; a guide to the changing social structure of Britain (1972)
- Social class and educational opportunity (1973) with J. E. Floud and F. M. Martin
- Heredity and Environment (1977)
- Power and ideology in education (1977) with Jerome Karabel
- Change in British Society BBC Reith Lectures (1978)
- Change in British society: book based on the BBC Reith lectures (1978)
- Decline of donnish dominion: the British academic professions in the twentieth century (1992)
- Twentieth-century British social trends (2000) with Josephine Webb
Read more about this topic: A. H. Halsey
Other articles related to "works, work":
... der Unkraft, 1813, a recantation of his earlier work Martin Luther Kunigunde die Heilige, 1815 Geistliche Übungen für drei Tage, 1818 Die Mutter der Makkabäer, 1820 Zacharias ...
... The titles of many Baroque works make mention of the continuo section, such as J ... is harpsichord and cello for instrumental works and secular vocal works, such as operas, and organ for sacred music ... In addition, the mere composition of certain works seems to require certain kind of instruments (for instance, Vivaldi's Stabat Mater seems to require an organ, and not a harpsichord) ...
... Krasicki's major works won European fame and were translated into Latin, French, German, Italian, Russian, Czech, Croatian, Slovene, Hungarian ... The broad reception of his works was sustained throughout the 19th century ... Krasicki has been the subject of works by poets of the Polish Enlightenment – Stanisław Trembecki, Franciszek Zabłocki, Wojciech Mier – and in the ...
... Norman Rockwell was a prolific artist, producing over 4,000 original works in his lifetime ... Most of his works are either in public collections, or have been destroyed in fire or other misfortunes ... by the Boy Scouts of America), were only slightly overshadowed by his most popular of calendar works the "Four Seasons" illustrations for Brown Bigelow that were published for 17 years beginning ...
... The Works Progress Administration (renamed during 1939 as the Works Project Administration WPA) was the largest and most ambitious New Deal agency, employing millions of unskilled workers to carry out public ... documented local and state histories, artists painted murals and other works for new federal post offices and other buildings ...
Famous quotes containing the word works:
“In saying what is obvious, never choose cunning. Yelling works better.”
—Cynthia Ozick (b. 1928)
“Words are always getting conventionalized to some secondary meaning. It is one of the works of poetry to take the truants in custody and bring them back to their right senses.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)