- Education, Economy, and Society : a reader in the sociology of education (1961)
- The British Academics (1971) with Martin A. Trow
- Trends in British society since 1900; a guide to the changing social structure of Britain (1972)
- Social class and educational opportunity (1973) with J. E. Floud and F. M. Martin
- Heredity and Environment (1977)
- Power and ideology in education (1977) with Jerome Karabel
- Change in British Society BBC Reith Lectures (1978)
- Change in British society: book based on the BBC Reith lectures (1978)
- Decline of donnish dominion: the British academic professions in the twentieth century (1992)
- Twentieth-century British social trends (2000) with Josephine Webb
Read more about this topic: A. H. Halsey
Other articles related to "works, work":
... The Works Progress Administration (renamed during 1939 as the Works Project Administration WPA) was the largest and most ambitious New Deal agency, employing millions of unskilled workers to carry out public ... Writers documented local and state histories, artists painted murals and other works for new federal post offices and other buildings ...
... Die Weihe der Unkraft, 1813, a recantation of his earlier work Martin Luther Kunigunde die Heilige, 1815 Geistliche Übungen für drei Tage, 1818 Die Mutter der Makkabäer, 1820 Zacharias Werner's Theater, a ...
... The titles of many Baroque works make mention of the continuo section, such as J ... common combination, at least in modern performances, is harpsichord and cello for instrumental works and secular vocal works, such as operas, and organ for sacred music ... In addition, the mere composition of certain works seems to require certain kind of instruments (for instance, Vivaldi's Stabat Mater seems to require an organ, and not a harpsichord) ...
... Krasicki's major works won European fame and were translated into Latin, French, German, Italian, Russian, Czech, Croatian, Slovene, Hungarian ... The broad reception of his works was sustained throughout the 19th century ... Krasicki has been the subject of works by poets of the Polish Enlightenment – Stanisław Trembecki, Franciszek Zabłocki, Wojciech Mier – and in the 20th century, by Konstanty ...
... Norman Rockwell was a prolific artist, producing over 4,000 original works in his lifetime ... Most of his works are either in public collections, or have been destroyed in fire or other misfortunes ... overshadowed by his most popular of calendar works the "Four Seasons" illustrations for Brown Bigelow that were published for 17 years beginning in 1947 ...
Famous quotes containing the word works:
“When life has been well spent, age is a loss of what it can well spare,muscular strength, organic instincts, gross bulk, and works that belong to these. But the central wisdom, which was old in infancy, is young in fourscore years, and dropping off obstructions, leaves in happy subjects the mind purified and wise.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“The noble simplicity in the works of nature only too often originates in the noble shortsightedness of him who observes it.”
—G.C. (Georg Christoph)
“The discovery of Pennsylvanias coal and iron was the deathblow to Allaire. The works were moved to Pennsylvania so hurriedly that for years pianos and the larger pieces of furniture stood in the deserted houses.”
—For the State of New Jersey, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)