In Other Fields
Thirty-eight is also:
- The number of slots on an American Roulette wheel (0, 00, and 1 through 36; European roulette does not use the 00 slot and has only 37 slots)
- The number of games that each team in the current English Premiership, the top division in English Association Football, plays in a season
- Bill C-38 legalized same-sex marriage in Canada
- The number of years it took the Israelites to travel from Kadesh Barnea to the Zered valley in Deuteronomy.
- A "38" is often the name for a snub nose .38 caliber revolver
- Name of the southern rock band 38 Special
- The 38 class is the most famous class of steam locomotive used in New South Wales
- The number of the French department Isère
- The gate of the sci-fi TV series Stargate SG-1 can stay open a maximum of 38 minutes.
- In Taiwan and some places in southern Chinese mainland, "3, 8", but not "38", is slang for stupid/idiot,especially women.
Read more about this topic: 38 (number)
Other articles related to "fields, field":
... Elysian Fields was founded in 1995 and have released five full length records (six counting one produced by Steve Albini that was suppressed) ... Besides Elysian Fields, Charles has other projects ... Elysian Fields' version of Bob Dylan's "Tangled up in Blue" can be heard in the film's credits ...
... each frame is divided into two consecutive fields, one containing all even lines, another with the odd lines ... The fields are captured in succession at a rate twice that of the nominal frame rate ... For instance, PAL and SECAM systems have a rate of 25 frames/s or 50 fields/s, while the NTSC system delivers 29.97 frames/s or 59.94 fields/s ...
... Ice fields are formed by a large accumulation of snow which, through years of compression and freezing, turns into ice ... Due to ice’s susceptibility to gravity, ice fields usually form over large areas that are basins or atop plateaus thus allowing a continuum of ice to form over the landscape and not be interrupted by ... Glaciers often form on the edges of ice fields serving as gravity-propelled drains on the ice field which is in turn replenished by the ice field’s snowfall ...
... Like oil, natural gas is often found underwater in offshore gas fields such as the North Sea, Corrib Gas Field off Ireland, and the Sable Offshore Energy Project in the Scotian Shelf near Sable Island ... utilized to extract and transport offshore natural gas is different from land-based fields in that a few, very large rigs are usually used, due to the cost and logistical difficulties in working over ...
... The only large ice fields in mainland Europe are in Norway (e.g ... There are a several dozen small ice fields in the Alps and tiny remnants of permanent ice in Sweden, the Apennines, the Pyrenees and the Balkans ... Since the disappearance of the last remaining ice field in Andalucía, with the eventual disappearance of the Corral del Veluta glacier in 1913, the ...
Famous quotes containing the word fields:
“We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.”
—Winston Churchill (18741965)