- Mrs. Hanson: An elderly widow living at 334. Mother to Lottie, Shrimp, and Boz.
- Lottie Hanson: An unemployed single mother living at 334.
- Shrimp Hanson: Considered genetically desirable for her unusual intelligence, therefore has a free pass from the government to have children, although she is actually motivated by a fetish for artificial insemination.
- Boz Hanson: Unemployed, former resident of 334, managed to leave by marrying Milly.
- Milly Holt: A professional sex demonstrator for the high schools. Was Birdie's girlfriend, now married to Boz.
- Ab Holt: Manages the morgue at Bellevue Hospital. Milly's father.
- Birdie Ludd: A high-school student living as a "temp" in a stairwell of 334.
- Frances Schaap: A prostitute living at 334. Like many people in the 2020s, she has lupus.
- Alexa Miller: A MODICUM administrator, responsible for the Hansons.
- Tancred Miller: Alexa's son.
- Amparo Martinez: Lottie's daughter.
- Bill Harper, aka Little Mister Kissy Lips: Son of a television executive, classmate of Tancred and Amparo.
Read more about this topic: 334 (novel)
Other articles related to "characters, character":
... or electromechanical printer can print characters on paper, and execute operations such as move the carriage back to the left margin of the same line (carriage return), advance to the same column of the next line (lin ... the line feed character forced the carriage to move to the same position on the next line) to teleprinters ... and communications a few control characters, such as carriage return and line feed, have retained their original functions (although they are often implemented in software rather than activating ...
... At the conclusion of Vault of the Drow, the characters find an astral gate leading to the Abyssal realm of Lolth, Demon Queen of Spiders, goddess of the drow elves and architect of the sinister plot ... The player characters are transported to another plane and cast into the labyrinth known as the Demonweb ... In order to return home, the characters must find their way out of the web and then defeat the evil demigoddess Lolth in her lair ...
... The title character, whose full name is Adam Seymour Duckstein (voiced by Jim J ... that is actually gay, and that he had insisted that the character be voiced by someone gay ... This follows the tradition of semi-nudity of cartoon characters exemplified by Porky Pig, Donald Duck, Top Cat, etc ...
... The game's main characters and bosses are Leonardo — Another apprentice magician who appears at Normoon and at Brannoch Castle near the end of the game ... Though not a main character, he still manages to help Brian by providing healing items in a room within Brannoch Castle ...
... to rescue Sandy the game starts with a prompt for the player to select two of six characters to accompany Dave ... adventure game in which the player uses a point-and-click interface to guide characters through a two-dimensional (2D) game world and to solve puzzles ... commands with this scheme examples include "Walk to", to move the characters "New kid", to switch between the three characters and "Pick up", to collect objects ...
Famous quotes containing the word characters:
“The business of a novelist is, in my opinion, to create characters first and foremost, and then to set them in the snarl of the human currents of his time, so that there results an accurate permanent record of a phase of human history.”
—John Dos Passos (18961970)
“His leanings were strictly lyrical, descriptions of nature and emotions came to him with surprising facility, but on the other hand he had a lot of trouble with routine items, such as, for instance, the opening and closing of doors, or shaking hands when there were numerous characters in a room, and one person or two persons saluted many people.”
—Vladimir Nabokov (18991977)
“There are characters which are continually creating collisions and nodes for themselves in dramas which nobody is prepared to act with them. Their susceptibilities will clash against objects that remain innocently quiet.”
—George Eliot [Mary Ann (or Marian)