- With planning permission granted for a new rink, the Manchester Phoenix entered a team into competitions for the first time since 2003–04. While waiting for the Altrincham Ice Dome to be completed, the Phoenix played home matches at the Deeside Leisure Centre and at IceSheffield. After numerous delays the Ice Dome finally opened on February 25, 2007 with a 5-4 defeat to the Basingstoke Bison.
- The Hull Stingrays were elected to join the Elite League from the second tier English Premier League. This brought the number of actively participating members in British ice hockey's top flight to ten, the highest number since 1995–96.
- The Cardiff Devils moved to a new ice rink in Cardiff Bay. After playing on the road for the first three months of the season, the Devils played their first game at the Cardiff Bay Ice Rink on December 6, 2006 with a 7-4 victory over Manchester. Despite their difficulties, the Devils won the Knockout Cup with a 3-0 victory over Coventry Blaze in the final at the SkyDome.
- The Coventry Blaze won their second league title in three seasons, confirming the championship with a 5-1 victory over the Edinburgh Capitals on March 21, 2007 with two games to spare. The Blaze also won a second Challenge Cup with a 9-4 aggregate victory over the Sheffield Steelers in the final.
- The Nottingham Panthers clinched their first Play Off Championship since 1989 with a penalty shots win over the Cardiff Devils. The Panthers won each round of the play offs on penalty shots, defeating their arch rivals Sheffield in the quarter finals and the Belfast Giants in the semi finals before claiming the trophy on April 8, 2007.
Read more about this topic: 2006–07 EIHL Season
Other articles related to "notable events, notable":
... Contention City is also notable as the scene of a shootout between outlaw members of the Jack Taylor Gang and lawman John Slaughter ...
... Summer Olympics Los Angeles hosted the 1932 Summer Olympics ... The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, which had opened in May, 1932 with a seating capacity of 76,000, was enlarged to accommodate over 100,000 spectators for Olympic events ...
... On March 11, 2009 the Harrison-Clarksburg Health Department alerted the students and staff of Lincoln High School that a student was in the hospital with a possible case of bacterial meningitis ... The health department did hand out free meningococcal vaccines to students and staff at Lincoln High on March 13, 16, and 17 ...
Famous quotes containing the words events and/or notable:
“Turn where we may, within, around, the voice of great events is proclaiming to us, Reform, that you may preserve!”
—Thomas Babington Macaulay (18001859)
“Every notable advance in technique or organization has to be paid for, and in most cases the debit is more or less equivalent to the credit. Except of course when its more than equivalent, as it has been with universal education, for example, or wireless, or these damned aeroplanes. In which case, of course, your progress is a step backwards and downwards.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)