- Best Latin Pop Album
- Best Traditional Tropical Latin Album
- Jerry Boys (engineer/mixer), Ry Cooder (producer) & Ibrahim Ferrer for Buenos Hermanos
- Best Mexican/Mexican-American Album
- Jose Angel Cabrera & Dennis Parker,(engineers), Daniel Estevez T. (engineer/mixer) & Joan Sebastian (producer & artist) for Afortunado
- Best Latin Rock/Alternative Album
- Anibal Kerpel, Joseph Chiccarelli (engineers), Elfego Buendia, Emmanuel Del Real, Gustavo Santaolalla, Jose "Joselo" Rangel, Quique Rangel (producers) & Café Tacuba for Cuatro Caminos
- Best Tejano Album
- Edward Perez, Ramiro Serna (engineers), Jimmy Gonzalez producer & Jimmy Gonzalez y El Grupo Mazz for Si Me Faltas Tu
- Best Salsa/Merengue Album
- Jon Fausty, Luca Germini, Jorge G. Gómez, Carlos Laurenz, Jose Lopez, Olga Santos, Jake Tanner, (engineers), Jorge G. Garcia (engineer/mixer), Oscar Gómez (engineer/mixer & producer), Sergio George (producer) & Celia Cruz for Regalo Del Alma
Other articles related to "latin":
... As Latin is an Italic language, most of its vocabulary is likewise Italic, deriving ultimately from PIE ... interaction, the Romans not only adapted the Etruscan alphabet to form the Latin alphabet, but also borrowed some Etruscan words into their language, including persona (mask) and histrio (actor) ... Latin also included vocabulary borrowed from Oscan, another Italic language ...
... XS Latin is a formation dance team based in Cambridge, UK ... ranked 1st in the UK and 13th in the World as a Latin Formation Team ...
... pllou ('it rains'), cllau ('key') General loss of Latin final unstressed vowels except for /a/, as in Catalan ... Latin terra → tierra Latin pōns → puent Occasional interdental fricative as reflex of to Latin /k/ before front vowels e.g ... for 2nd person plural endings of verbs (Latin -tis), from west to east -z (as in some western variants of Aragonese), -tz (as in Occitan) or -u (as in modern Catalan) ...
... dance a six-minute routine that incorporates the five Latin dances - Cha Cha, Jive, Paso Doble, Samba and Rumba - as well as tricks, lifts and free-form choreography ... XS Latin won the British National Championships in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2011 They were placed 14th in the World Formation Championships Nov 2008, 13th in the 2010 World ... Besides competitions XS Latin also give demonstrations and promote formation dance at several open house events ...
... Best Latin Recording Eddie Palmieri for Sun of Latin Music. ...
Famous quotes containing the word latin:
“Americans living in Latin American countries are often more snobbish than the Latins themselves. The typical American has quite a bit of money by Latin American standards, and he rarely sees a countryman who doesnt. An American businessman who would think nothing of being seen in a sport shirt on the streets of his home town will be shocked and offended at a suggestion that he appear in Rio de Janeiro, for instance, in anything but a coat and tie.”
—Hunter S. Thompson (b. 1939)
“Wealth is so much the greatest good that Fortune has to bestow that in the Latin and English languages it has usurped her name.”
—William Lamb Melbourne, 2nd Viscount (17791848)
“Whither goest thou?”
—Bible: New Testament Peter, in John, 13:36.
The words, which are repeated in John 16:5, are best known in the Latin form in which they appear in the Vulgate: Quo vadis? Jesus replies, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.