- Best Latin Pop Album
- Best Traditional Tropical Latin Album
- Jerry Boys (engineer/mixer), Ry Cooder (producer) & Ibrahim Ferrer for Buenos Hermanos
- Best Mexican/Mexican-American Album
- Jose Angel Cabrera & Dennis Parker,(engineers), Daniel Estevez T. (engineer/mixer) & Joan Sebastian (producer & artist) for Afortunado
- Best Latin Rock/Alternative Album
- Anibal Kerpel, Joseph Chiccarelli (engineers), Elfego Buendia, Emmanuel Del Real, Gustavo Santaolalla, Jose "Joselo" Rangel, Quique Rangel (producers) & Café Tacuba for Cuatro Caminos
- Best Tejano Album
- Edward Perez, Ramiro Serna (engineers), Jimmy Gonzalez producer & Jimmy Gonzalez y El Grupo Mazz for Si Me Faltas Tu
- Best Salsa/Merengue Album
- Jon Fausty, Luca Germini, Jorge G. Gómez, Carlos Laurenz, Jose Lopez, Olga Santos, Jake Tanner, (engineers), Jorge G. Garcia (engineer/mixer), Oscar Gómez (engineer/mixer & producer), Sergio George (producer) & Celia Cruz for Regalo Del Alma
Other articles related to "latin":
... XS Latin is a formation dance team based in Cambridge, UK ... It is ranked 1st in the UK and 13th in the World as a Latin Formation Team ...
... They dance a six-minute routine that incorporates the five Latin dances - Cha Cha, Jive, Paso Doble, Samba and Rumba - as well as tricks, lifts and free-form ... XS Latin won the British National Championships in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2011 They were placed 14th in the World Formation Championships Nov 2008, 13th in the 2010 World Formation ... Besides competitions XS Latin also give demonstrations and promote formation dance at several open house events ...
... pllou ('it rains'), cllau ('key') General loss of Latin final unstressed vowels except for /a/, as in Catalan ... Latin terra → tierra Latin pōns → puent Occasional interdental fricative as reflex of to Latin /k/ before front vowels e.g ... Different results for 2nd person plural endings of verbs (Latin -tis), from west to east -z (as in some western variants of Aragonese), -tz (as in Occitan) or -u (as in modern Catalan) ...
... Best Latin Recording Eddie Palmieri for Sun of Latin Music. ...
... As Latin is an Italic language, most of its vocabulary is likewise Italic, deriving ultimately from PIE ... interaction, the Romans not only adapted the Etruscan alphabet to form the Latin alphabet, but also borrowed some Etruscan words into their language, including persona (mask) and histrio (act ... Latin also included vocabulary borrowed from Oscan, another Italic language ...
Famous quotes containing the word latin:
“Whats the Latin name for parsley?
Whats the Greek name for Swines Snout?”
—Robert Browning (18121889)
“He tries by a peculiar speech to speak
The peculiar potency of the general,
To compound the imaginations Latin with
The lingua franca et jocundissima.”
—Wallace Stevens (18791955)
“It is a monstrous thing to force a child to learn Latin or Greek or mathematics on the ground that they are an indispensable gymnastic for the mental powers. It would be monstrous even if it were true.”
—George Bernard Shaw (18561950)