Awards and Honors
Many of the records set by the 1952 tournament have been broken, and many of the awards were established much later:
- Leading scorer est. 1963
- Leading rebounder est. 1963
- Charles Stevenson Hustle Award est. 1958
- Coach of the Year est. 1954
- Player of the Year est. 1994
- Most personal fouls in one game: 40, Pepperdine (Calif.) vs. Morningside (Iowa)
- All-time scoring leader; first appearance: E.C. O'Neal, 9th, Arkansas Tech (1952,53,54,55), 13 games, 122 field goals, 43 free throws, totaling 287 points, 22.1 average per game.
- All-time scoring leaders; third appearance: Lloyd Thorgaard, 10th, Hamline (Minn.) (1950,51,52,53), 15 games, 111 field goals, 61 free throws, 283 total points, 18.9 average per game; James Fritsche, 14th, Hamline (Minn.) (1950,51,52,53), 15 games, 113 field goals, 46 free throws, 272 total points, 18.1 average per game.
Read more about this topic: 1952 NAIA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament
Other articles related to "awards, award, awards and honors":
2002 – Teen Choice Awards – TV – Choice Breakout Star, Female (The Osbournes) – Won 2003 – Teen Choice Awards – Favorite TV Personality – Nominated 2003 – Teen ...
... John W ... Campbell Award for Best New Writer of 2000 or 2001 Kristine Smith ...
... partnering with the 90-year-old Scholastic Art Writing Awards in the Future New category ... For this branch of the Scholastic Awards, students will be challenged to express bold and innovative ideas using new technologies ... will offer students free 3D design software to facilitate their creations and will award three winners with a $1000 scholarship ...
... During its time, The A-Team was nominated for 3 Emmy Awards In 1983 (Outstanding Film Sound Mixing for a Series) for the pilot episode, in 1984 (Outstanding Film ...
... of Massenet's Manon with Gheorghiu in the title role won the 2001 Gramophone Award for "Best Opera Recording", was nominated for "Best Opera Recording" in the 2002 Grammy Awards ... brought her the Deutscher Schallplattenpreis award in 2002 ... She also won Diapason d'Or Awards, Choc du Monde de la Musique in France, Cecilia Prize in Belgium, the Echo Award, the Italian Musica e dischi, Foreign Lyric Production Award, the USA Critics ...
Famous quotes containing the word honors:
“Justice shines in very smoky homes, and honors the righteous; but the gold-spangled mansions where the hands are unclean she leaves with eyes averted.”
—Aeschylus (525456 B.C.)