Places of Interest
- The Rope Walk houses the tourist information office, the Museum of the Miniature (models etc.), the Maréis (all aspects of sea fishing).
- Étaples Museum of Seafaring: mainly the history of étapleois fishing. In the former fish market. fr
- The Quentovic archaeological museum.
- The Canche Bay nature reserve: 505 hectares, mainly of natural dunes.
- Hôtel Souquet-Marteau noted for its façade and roof on the main square. It was occupied in 1803-5 by Marshal Ney. Napoleon paid two visits.
- The Delaporte Brewery was built in 1754 but largely destroyed by shelling in 1918. It was reconstructed in 1924 and is now out of use.
- Étaples Military Cemetery
Read more about this topic: Étaples
Other articles related to "places of interest, places, place":
... Places of interest The almost symmetrical cone of Mayon Volcano Rizal Street, the four-lane main thoroughfare of Legazpi City Peñaranda Park, the ... located off Binitayan Road behind Albay Park and Wildlife, is one of the best places to view Mayon Volcano and Legazpi City ...
... The route of the Yorkshire Wolds Way passes close to or through the following places Hessle North Ferriby Melton Welton Brantingham South Cave North Newbald Goodmanham Market ...
... For a full list of tourist attractions and places of interest see Places of interest in Buckinghamshire ...
... and is free of charge Whittier is the home to the following places listed in the National Register of Historic Places Pio Pico House, 6003 Pioneer Blvd ...
... Three nations had four places, five nations had three places, thirteen nations had two places, and eleven nations only one place ...
Famous quotes containing the words places of, interest and/or places:
“Why needs a man be rich? Why must he have horses, fine garments, handsome apartments, access to public houses, and places of amusement? Only for want of thought.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“You do not mean by mystery what a Catholic does. You mean an interesting uncertainty: the uncertainty ceasing interest ceases also.... But a Catholic by mystery means an incomprehensible certainty: without certainty, without formulation there is no interest;... the clearer the formulation the greater the interest.”
—Gerard Manley Hopkins (18441889)
“Words whispered on Earth are heard in Heaven like thunder; evil done in dark places the gods see like lightning.”